Hoops Leagues PNW Job Opportunities
Statkeeper, Scorekeeper, and Gym Ambassador Positions
Being a Hoops Leagues PNW Statistician or Gym Ambassador is a fun and flexible way to earn extra income on evenings and weekends, and be involved in the game you love! Fit it in around your daytime job, class schedule, or other adult responsibilities.
1) Experience bookkeeping or stat tracking at the middle school, high school, or collegiate level.
2) Moderate to advanced knowledge of basic basketball statistical categories (pts, reb, ast etc.) and the ability to identify these categories, score them to an individual player or team, and make quick, decisive, judgment calls on the fly in an action filled possession or sequence.
3) Ability to effectively communicate with facility staff, participants, and game officials.
1) Manage and delegate activities related to player sign in (waivers and rosters)
2) Manage game operations, ensuring on-time starts
3) Narrate the in-game action for the HL PNW scorekeeper, who will then tally the stats in the stats windows based software. (for example: “Missed 2pt. field goal, 21-Red. Rebound 15-Red. Made 3pt field goal 3-Red. Assist 15-Red”).
4) Operate windows based stat keeping software as needed
5) Assist in rule clarification and interpretation for players and officials.
6) Assist in other scorer’s table duties as needed (get waivers signed, player sign-ins, etc.)
Good traits to have to be successful on the job:
1) Attention to detail
2) Ability to enforce league policies
3) Ability to create solutions to problems on the go
4) Desire to provide our players with the best quality content (accurate stats and shot charts)
5) Willingness to learn, and be okay with making mistakes
Various Community Centers & high schools in the greater Seattle area. Weekend afternoons and weekday evenings, year round.
Compensation is paid bi-weekly, competitive, and based on performance
Help us provide the amazing content below for our players!