A team’s behavior is ultimately the captain’s responsibility. If there are concerns over the way the game is being officiated, the captain has the right to identify himself, and approach the discussion with an official in a respectable manner. The officials are the FINAL authority on the court. LEAGUE STAFF WILL NOT OVERRULE ON COURT CALLS OR DECISIONS.
League Conduct Policy:
1) If an individual player gets ejected from a game, that player is automatically suspended the following game. No questions asked. No exceptions.
Players must leave the gym after being ejected. The opposing team will continue to shoot free throws (with the clock running) until that player is out of the gym.
2) If a player accumulates 3 technical fouls over the course of 2 games (that they have played in, or have been eligible to play in), that player is automatically suspended the following game. No questions asked. No exceptions.
Example: A player is assessed 2 technical fouls in game 1, is suspended game 2, and is assessed a technical foul in game 3. That player will be suspended for game 4.
3) If a player accumulates 4 technical fouls over the course of 4 games (that they have played in, or have been eligible to play in), that player is automatically suspended the following game. No questions asked. No exceptions.
The technical foul count does NOT reset if a player sat after 3 techs over 2 games. The technical foul count does NOT reset for playoffs.
4) If a team accumulates 8 technical fouls over the course of a season, that team will forfeit their next game (this includes playoff games).
5) If a team accumulates 4 technical fouls in a single game, the game will be called, the infracting team will be issued a forfeit for that game (no matter what the score is), and will be subject to further discipline.
6) If a game is called by the officials due to player conduct/scuffles or fighting, the team that is up will be credited the win, and both teams will forfeit their next game.
No refunds will be given for player &/or team suspensions.
The purpose of this policy is to discourage patterns of continued misbehavior from game to game. Punishment for misbehavior in the playoffs will be enforced the subsequent season. The league reserves the right to remove a team from the league at any point at the discretion of the commissioner. The league also reserves the right to refuse to register teams/players based on prior conduct and behavior. Any questions or concerns regarding this policy can be directed to the league at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All captains will have to agree to the terms above upon registration. Captains will be required to sign a copy of this document Week 1 of the season.